Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Diversity Comittee

Approximately, 2 hours ago (6:30 pm), UGA PRSSA had its first meeting!

WOOT WOOT!

It went off with out a hitch, but in the meeting, the NEW diversity initiative was announced! I was so proud! I think I cried a little.

Anyway, I am heading the diversity committee this year, and I am so excited to get started in promoting diversity in public relations. I feel UBER passionate about multicultural PR so this was a culmination of everything the executive board, Dr. Jones, and I have brainstormed!

I didn't see the entire list of people interested in the diversity initiative, but I saw MILLIONS of people signing up...so WOOT WOOT again!

If you are a UGA PRSSA member, and would like to get more information, please do NOT hesitate to email me at Debbielobo@gmail.com. I heart emails!

Some of the ideas that we may be implementing this year are the following:

1. Workshop for minority organization's on campus about PR and what their organization can do to promote themselves.

2. Minority Scholarships for PRSSA dues.

3. Attend the GSPA conference and speak about diversity and public relations in Grady.

4. SO MUCH MORE!

No comments: